North Of The Sun
Winner of 2013 Sheffield Adventure Film Festival Grand Prize for Best Film and Silver Medalist in Best Spirit of Adventure Film. (For full list of result click here)
Wavedreamer called it: "The most unlikely, best surf film ever". Two Norwegian friends have a crazy idea about building a beach hut north of the arctic circle and spending the winter living off flotsam and jetsam. Extreme beach-combing, stunning cinematography and a cabin Bilbo Baggins would be proud to call home.
Writer, journalist and enthusiastic amateur climber Ed Douglas reviews our Grand Prize winner 'North of the Sun' for the online arts magazine 'Calm and Fearless'. Ed says: "Anyone with a passion for wild places and an interest in the impacts we have on the planet will love it. And anyone who wants a fresh take on what our lives can be will find it an inspiration". Read the rest of his review.
Duration: 46 mins
Directed By: Jørn Nyseth Ranum & Inge Wegge
Produced By: Filmhuset Produksjoner AS, Anne Bergseng
- The Norwegian Documentary Film Festival: Audience Award
- The Norwegian Short Film Festival: Honorary Mention - Documentary Films
- Canadian Surf Film Festival: Best Film, Best Cinematography
- London Surf Film Festival: Best Documentary
- Wavescape Surf Film Festival: Best Feature Length Film
- Waimea Ocean Film Festival: Audience Award